This 3-hour workshop is an introduction to The Art of Kumiko where participants will be taught how to make a very simple pattern (Asa-noha) out of Maple wood. The kumiko will eventually be contained in a frame which will be provided.
These beautiful frames will look great on your work desk, as a wall decoration, wherever you choose to place it - to inspire you to more handiwork or to remind you to book your next trip to Japan.
DATE: 10 & 11 MARCH 2018
TIME: 11AM - 2PM / 3PM - 6PM
DURATION: 3 HOURS
PRICE: $280 PER PERSON
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS PER WORKSHOP: 4
(Min. 4 Participants Required)
PROCESS STOP: THE MILL
NOTE: Entrance fee of $20 will be waived if you register for any of the workshops online! That means a saving of $20! Should you decide to sign up for workshops onsite, entrance fee per stop still applies.
Plane&Bevel is a multi-medium design and make furniture studio based in Singapore. We specialize in building custom furniture and designing of spaces for both commercial and private clients.
Established in 2013, Plane&Bevel was founded on the philosophy that furniture built with quality will stand the test of time. Every piece built is meticulously crafted to specification without compromise.
As an extension of our philosophy we design our pieces to reflect the use of honest materials, and joinery methods that would showcase deliberately thoughtful craftsmanship. It is through this endeavor that we hope to revive an everlasting appreciation of passionately made furniture.
Terms & Conditions
- Cut off date for registration will be 7 March 2018 via Peatix.
- Strictly no refunds and exchange once registration and payment is made.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met for the scheduled workshop, the organiser has the right to reschedule the session.
- In the event of a cancellation, participants will be notified via email and workshop fees will be refunded in full.
- Shophouse & Co will not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or direct or consequential loss, however caused.
- Attendees will be contacted via the Peatix app or email if we have any additional updates.
ADDRESS & DIRECTIONS
No. 5 Jalan Kilang, Singapore 159405
Nearest MRT: Redhill
Parking: Street parking available.
Visitors are encouraged to take public transport as parking is limited.